Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, January 17, 2011

I Thessalonians 5:27, 18

"I call upon you by the Lord, to read this letter to all the brothers." (I Thessalonians 5:27)

Paul wanted to be sure that the entire church heard this letter. The language used in this verse is strong which may again hint at divisions in the church. Paul may have been concerned that one group would not share this letter with the other.

"The favor of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you." (I Thessalonians 5:28)

Paul ends this letter with a prayer that Jesus would bestow his favor upon this group of Christians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home