Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, January 03, 2011

I Thessalonians 5:15-17

"You watch that no one gives back bad on account of bad, but always pursue good for one another and all men." (I Thessalonians 5:15)

We are not to pay people back when they treat us badly. Rather we are always to seek what is good: for other Christians and for all people. We are to return good for evil.

"Always rejoice." (I Thessalonians 5:16)

No matter what our circumstances, we should be able to rejoice because of our relationship with the Lord.

"Pray without intermission." (I Thessalonians 5:17)

Albert Barnes wrote, "There has been evil done to the soul if it is not prepared for communion with God at all times, and if it would not find pleasure in approaching his holy throne." We should be ready and be quick to prayer all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home