Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Thessalonians 5:6, 7

"Therefore let us not fall asleep like everyone else, but let us watch and be in control of ourselves." (I Thessalonians 5:6)

People sleep at night. The rest of the world is at sleep spiritually. They are unaware. Christians should be watching the unfolding of world events. We should be in control of ourselves and not under the influence of worldly desires.

"For the ones who fall asleep, fall asleep at night. The ones getting drunk, get drunk at night." (I Thessalonians 5:7)

Night is the time for sleep. It is also when people normally party and get drunk. Those who are spiritually are in darkness are sleeping spiritually and are controlled, are drunk, with sin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home