Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Thessalonians 4:4-6

"Each one of you should know how to control your body in purity and dignity." (I Thessalonians 4:4)

The word for body is vessel. Our body is the container of our soul and, for believers, of the Holy Spirit. We are to keep it pure and dignified.

"Do not walk in the passion of desire like those who do not know God." (I Thessalonians 4:5)

Many people who are apart from God live like animals. They live for the purpose of fulfilling their own desires without regard to morality or how this effects others.

"Do not wrong or take advantage of your brother by such acts, because the Lord is an avenger of all these things. Indeed we told you this before and explained this to you." (I Thessalonians 4:6)

Paul warns that those who wrong others risk judgment. This was something that he had already told them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home