Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Thessalonians 2:17-20

"But brothers, we were bereaved of you for an hour, in presence not in heart. We strove earnestly to see your face with much desire." (I Thessalonians 2:17)

When Paul was forced to leave the Thessalonians, he felt like he was leaving his own children. He had a great desire to see them again.

"Therefore we intended to come to you all. I, Paul, tried many times but Satan keeps putting barriers in my path." (I Thessalonians 2:18)

We do not know exact details, but some how Satan had prevented Paul from returning to Thessalonica on more than one occasion.

"For what is our hope or joy or prize that we can boast about? Is it not you all, when we are before the Lord Jesus at His arrival. For you all are our praise and joy." (I Thessalonians 2:19, 20)

Paul says that when he stands before the Lord, his hope, joy and prize will be those who are there beside him because of his ministry and witness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home