Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, April 12, 2010

I Thessalonians 1:6, 7

"You imitated us and the Lord. You accepted the word of truth even while suffering severely although the Holy Spirit gave you inner joy." (I Thessalonians 1:6)

We are to follow the example of our spiritual leaders as they faithfully follow Christ. As long as they obeyed the word of God, they would suffer, but this did not hinder their obedience. True joy is from the Spirit. It is listed in the Fruit of the Spirit.

"You have become a model to everyone in Greece." (I Thessalonians 1:7)

This is the only church that Paul calls a model. The two provinces of Macedonia and Achaia made up most of Greece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home