Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Friday, April 30, 2010

I Thessalonians 2:6, 7

"Neither were we seeking praise from men, not from you or from others." (I Thessalonians 2:6)

Paul was not a glory seeker. His motive was not to get a pat on the back and have people talk about how great a guy he was.

"We were able to burden you, being Missionaries of Christ. But we were babies among you all. We were to you, like a mother holding her child close." (I Thessalonians 2:7)

Instead of demanding his rights and privileges as an Apostle, Paul acted as if he had no more rights or privileges than an infant did. Paul had a deep concern for these believers. Rather than thinking of himself, he thought only of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home