Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, December 05, 2010

I Thessalonians 4:17,18

"Then we, who are alive and have survived, will be snatched away with them in clouds to a meeting with the Lord in the air." (I Thessalonians 4:17)

After the resurrection of the righteous dead, the living believers will be quickly snatched by the Lord to meet him in the air. The word for snatched is a violent word sometimes translated seized. It is a quick and sudden action.

"Therefore you all comfort one another with these words." (I Thessalonians 4:18)

Our hope in the resurrection softens our grief when a believer dies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home