Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I Thessalonians 5:1, 2

"Now concerning the times and the intervals, brothers, you do not need me to write." (I Thessalonians 5:1)

Paul had already taught them about the return of Jesus, the signs of his return and the danger of trying to fix a date when it would occur.

"For you all clearly remember that the Day of the Lord comes like a thief at night." (I Thessalonians 5:2)

The Day of the Lord is a Biblical expression for the last days. It includes the return of Christ, the Tribulation and the reign of Christ. Like a thief at night means without warning. A thief does not tell us when he is coming. It does not mean that it will be secret when it happens, just that it will be unexpected before it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home