Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Thessalonians 5:8-10

"But we of the day being in control of ourselves, put on the breastplate of faith and sacrificial love, and the helmet of salvation's hope." (I Thessalonians 5:8)

Part of being in control of self spiritually is putting on God's armor. We are protected from spiritual attack by our trust in God and our love for others. We have a certain hope because God has saved us.

"Because God has not placed us under wrath, but under salvation's preservation through our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Thessalonians 5:9)

Because Jesus has saved us, we cannot experience the wrath of God.

"He was killed for us that if we watch or if we fall asleep together in him, we will live." (I Thessalonians 5:10)

Jesus died in our place. If we survive until his return, we will live. If we die in him, we will live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home