Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, January 09, 2011

I Thessalonians 5:21-23

"But test everything, hold tight to what is beautiful." (I Thessalonians 5:21)

We should put all teaching to the test of the Word of God. If it does not agree with the Word, we should reject it. Anything that has spiritual beauty, we should hug tightly. Do not let truly good things get away.

"Abstain from every form of evil." (I Thessalonians 5:22)

We are to keep ourselves pure. Our goal should be to keep from all evil.

"May the God of Peace Himself consecrate you in all respects and keep you faultless in spirit, soul and body, and blameless in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Thessalonians 5:23)

Paul was concerned that these believers would stand before the Lord and not be ashamed. May we stand before the Lord faultless and blameless. May we hear, "Well done!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home