Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Personal Testimony

In a follow up on the previous post, here is a short version of my own testimony.

When I was young, my father deserted our family. After this, I became a loner. I did not want to show emotion, and I had few friends. I came to hate my father. For a time, I kept a baseball bat by the door of our home, ready to use if my father ever showed up.

After a long spiritual journey, one day I had a conversation with an older man who helped me to understand what Jesus accomplished for me on the cross. At that time, I asked God to forgive me, and I became a follower of Christ. I put my trust in Jesus to take care of me in this life and for eternity.

Jesus became my friend. Over time, God began to work on the emotional desert that was my heart. It did not happen all at once, but slowly the hate for my father was replaced by love. I established a relationship with my father again. We never became close, but before he died I could honestly say that I loved him and held no hard feelings towards him.

God and his Spirit are still at work in my life. I am still not all I should be. Making friends is still difficult. But I am not what I once was. God has and is changing me to became what he wants me to be.

I tell people who have been hurt in relationships that no matter who may have betrayed them, there is one person who will always be a true and faithful friend. His name is Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home