Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Who Can Witness

Some Christians have the mistaken idea that they need much Bible knowledge before they witness. This is totally false. Now, Bible knowledge will help you to witness and answer questions but as soon as a person trusts Jesus as their Saviour they can be a witness.

After all, to be a witness just means to tell what you know. All that a Christian needs to do is tell others what Jesus has done for them. You can at least be like the blind man who told the Jewish religious leaders, ''Whether He be a sinner or no, I know not; one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.'' (John 9:25)

A new Christian may say, ''I do not know what will happen to those who never hear about Jesus. But I do know that before I was on my way to hell and now heaven is my home.''

Or he might say, ''I do not know why God allows suffering. But I do know that before I was miserable and now I have peace and joy.''

Or he might say, ''I do not know all the answers. But I do know that before my life had no purpose and now I follow Jesus.''

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home