Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Being A Witness

Billie Hanks Jr. tells this story in his book Everyday Evangelism (Zondervan, 1983, Grand Rapids):

The young woman seated at my right at a wedding rehearsal dinner in Phoenix, Arizona, was a UCLA dental hygiene student. About halfway through the meal, she quietly whispered to me, "You know there is something very peculiar about the people at this table."

I looked around and saw that except for this young lady, all the people at our table were good friends of mine. Everyone at the table was a dedicated follower of Jesus Christ. I knew nothing about her faith. I said to her, "I believe I know what is so peculiar about everyone at this table, but its a secret.''

She said to me, ''I have got to know. What makes these people so different?''

I replied, ''Well, I can tell you, but I can only do it in private, whenever we have the time to talk.''

At the end of the meal, the lady insisted that they go outside where they could talk alone. Billie Hanks then had the opportunity to share the Gospel with her privately.

My next few posts will be about the Christian duty of being a witness of Jesus Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home