Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Overcoming Sin

In Romans chapter seven Paul gives an account of his struggle with sin. He wrote, "I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.'' (Romans 7:21-25)

This passage describes the war that every Christian has raging within him: a war between selfish desires and the Holy Spirit that lives within his spirit. In my next few posts in this blog, I will give a some hints on how to win the war against sin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home