Christian Foundations

This blog will contain some basic Bible teaching from an Evangelical Christian worldview. I will welcome questions and comments, as long as they are relevant.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Paul in Pain

"My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you,  I would like to be present with you now and to change my tone; for I have doubts about you." (Galatians 4:19,20 - New King James Version)

Up until this passage, Paul has been distant with the Galatians. However, in this passage, his feelings for them begin to show through. They were his spiritual children. It was through his ministry that they were born again.

But now he was having birth pains for them again. He was in terrible torment because of what he had heard was happening among them. The desire of the Judiazers was to receive praise. Paul’s desire was that Christ would be formed in them.

For Christ to be formed in us means that Christ lives through us. It means that we are like Christ.

Paul concludes this section by saying that he wished to see the Galatians in person. He also wished that he could adopt a friendlier tone. He wished that he did not have doubts about their spiritual condition and future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home